FCU has an online mortgage application. This means you can apply when you want to from the comfort of your home, and not just when the Credit Union is open, with instant underwriting feedback 24 hours a day 7 days a week. To expedite the procession of your loan application, please have the following items ready.
Copy of Driver’s License or other Government-Issued ID. Provide copy of both front and back for all borrowers on the loan request.
30 Days worth of your most recent pay stubs for all borrowers on the loan. They must show year to date income, your employer’s name and be consecutive.
2020 and 2021 W2 forms for all jobs held during these years. IF YOU HAVE GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT, include a letter to explain.
Pension and/or Social Security Income (if applicable) -Disability Award letter, 1099 and/or recently monthly bank statement showing direct deposit.
Two (2) consecutive, recent months bank (financial) statements (in full, even blank pages) from where you do most of your banking and have money that may be used in this transaction (If you’re using an FCU account, we can take care of this for you)
NOTE: If you have large deposits that you don’t normally have, include a letter to explain where the funds came from. If they have to be paid back we have to include them as a debt.
Any Student Loan Statements (if applicable) – all pages
If you are currently renting we need the contact information from your landlord so they can verify your rent payment history.
If recently divorced, paying/receiving alimony and/or child support, we will need to see a copy of finalized divorce decree that indicates if you are obligated to pay or receive child support and/or alimony.
- Complete copy of your signed purchase agreement
- Contact information for your real estate agent
- Copy of your earnest money deposit
- Most recent Property Tax Statement(s) on all properties owned
- Current Home Insurance Declaration Page (showing the annual premium paid for the policy) on all properties owned
- Copy of Current Mortgage Statement (if applicable) on all properties owned
- Paying off other debts besides your current mortgage? We need: current statements for any accounts being paid off all pages and must include account numbers in full on statement
- Copy of full Land Contract (if applicable), last 12 months canceled checks/deposits for payments, landlord name and contact info
**It is crucial that all documents are complete and readable. This will speed up the loan process. We may need more documentation after an underwriter reviews your file.
It is very important to maintain your finances from initial application to final closing – avoiding any drastic changes. Here are some tips to assist you as along your home-buying journey.